Twelve Ampoules Record Amount of Antidote Saves Boys to Spiderbite's Life

Twelve Ampoules Record Amount of Antidote Saves Boys to Spiderbite's Life / Health News
Twelve ampoules of antivenom save boys after spider bite
The news will particularly worry people who are afraid of spiders: a boy in Australia had to be given 12 doses of antidote to save his life after a spider bite. On the red continent live the most poisonous animals in the world.

Australia is home to many dangerous species
Taipan, Brown Snake, Blue-eared Octopus, Red-spined Spider: There are numerous dangerous creatures in Australia both on land and in the water. The red continent is known as the home of the most poisonous animals in the world. The Sydney funnel web spider (Funnelweb Spider) can also be dangerous for humans. The happier a little boy who has survived the bite of such a spider, thanks to a record amount of antidote.

An Australian boy had to be given 12 vials of antidote after a spider bite to save his life. The ten-year-old had been bitten by one of the world's most poisonous spiders. (Image: pict rider /

Twelve doses of antivenin
According to media reports, a ten-year-old Australian boy has luckily survived the bite of a potentially deadly funnel web spider. According to a post on the 9news portal, Matthew Mitchell was given the record dose of 12 doses of antidote.

The boy was said to have been bitten by a spider who was hiding in a shoe when he helped his father clean up the family house shed in a small town north of Sydney.

According to a report in the Daily Telegraph newspaper, the ten-year-old explained, "She somehow clung to me with all her legs and I could not shake her off my finger."

His father explained, "The pain spread from the finger to his arm ... but he remained conscious all the time."

Bite could have killed an adult
He made his son from his T-shirt a kind of pressure bandage, so that the poison of the spider spreads more slowly in the body, and brought him to the hospital.

The boy had been shaken by convulsions, but survived thanks to the record amount of antivenin administered to him.

According to the information, the animal had been caught and taken to the Australian Reptile Park, where spiders are milked to use poison for the production of antivenin.

"There is no doubt that the bite (without antidote) would have been fatal," said the father. "A small child is more vulnerable, but that bite would have killed an adult, too."

One of the most poisonous spiders in the world
The funnel web spider is one of the most poisonous spiders in the world. However, according to the media reports, there has been no death in Australia since 1979 due to this spider species. Last year, however, a 22-year-old person died because of a bite of a red-backed spider.

In Germany there are poisonous, but not deadly spiders. Most dangerous in this country are probably Ammen-Dornfinger, which spread more and more in Berlin and Brandenburg.

It is the only spider species in Central Europe, "which is able to penetrate the human skin with their jaw claws and inject their poison," writes the Naturschutzbund (NABU) Brandenburg on its website.

Persons with permanent damage or deaths, however, are not known. "Victims often compare the pain of the bite with that of a wasp sting. A short time later, a sharp pain appears at the bite site. Since the affected limbs can swell extremely, a doctor should be consulted under all circumstances, "the experts advise. (Ad)